The first mill on this site was built in 1750 and was owned by the Shop/Shup/Shoup/Sharp family. When Peter Sharp died in 1764, the property consisted of one hundred and seventy acres. John Sharp was the owner in 1780. Sharp sold it to Jacob Von Nieda in 1785. In 1814, Jacob sold the mill along with twenty-nine and a quarter acres to his son, Philip Von Nieda. Philip built the current fieldstone mill in 1818. After Phillip’s death in 1847 it was owned by his son, William Von Nieda. In 1875 Andrew Emmerts was the owner, and Fred Gross in 1899. The last to operate the mill was Clarence Martin and it ceased operation in 1926. The mill is currently abandoned.
The mill is located on Willow Street in Reinholds just off Dry Tavern Road (897).
|Structure||3.5 Story Stone|
|Water Source||Muddy Creek|
|Dam Height||7 feet|
|Capacity||36 bbls / day|