Aka Groff’s Mill
380 Old Blue Rock Road, Millersville, PA
(Lord #35-06) The first owner of a mill at this site was Henry Funk who owned a mill from 1771 to 1781 when it was sold to Daniel Lindner. It was purchased in 1807 by Benjamin Herr. In 1825 the mill was willed to Benjamin Herr’s daughter Elizabeth, who was married to Ephraim Hershey. After a fire in 1830, Benjamin & Mary Herr built a new stone mill in 1831. In 1869 Isaac W. Groff purchased the mill. In 1864 it was owned by E. Hershey and in 1875 and 1899 it was owned by Isaac Groff. In 1964 it was a restaurant and was vacant in 1995. The property is in good condition.
|Structure||3.5 Story Stone|
|Water Source||Little Conestoga|
|Dam Height||2 feet|
|Capacity||75 bbls / day|