Millport Mill

Aka Fertility Mill

103 Strasburg Pike, Lancaster, PA

(Lord 20-03) The first mill was built by Felix Binkley in 1767 across the road from the current location. It was a 40×40, 1.5 stone mill. The mill stayed in the Binkley family until 1820 when it was purchased by Jacob Charles. In 1839 it was purchased from the Charles estate by Jacob Fritz, then purchased in 1839 by Daniel Potts, 1857 by Samuel Curtis, 1877 by O. B. Landis, and in 1882 by Isaac Groff who built the new mill at the present location. It was John Bonholtzer Feed Mill in 1969. It is currently in good condition and used for storage.

Built1882
Structure2.5 Story Brick
Water SourceMill Creek
TownshipEast Lampeter
TypeRoller
Headrace80 feet
Tailrace50 feet
Dam Height6 feet
Power2 Turbines
Capacity8 bbls / day