About 1760 George Ebi built a mill, probably of logs, which he operated for many years. From 1785 to 1789 it was Christian Eby, Jr., in 1792 it was Christian Eby, in 1797 to 1804 it became Jacob Shaeffer, in 1806-20 it was Widow (Barbara) Shaeffer, and in 1821 it was Widow & Jacob Shaeffer. In 1815 the owner was Barbara Schaeffer who paid taxes on a very old grist mill of wood, 42 by 27 feet. In 1832 Jacob Shaeffer built a new stone mill, 2.5 stories and 30 by 40 feet. It was later owned by Levi H. Brubaker for a number of years then by Jonas Nolt in 1886, E.H. Shenk & Sons, in 1902 by James S. Moore & John H. Reitz and was then the interior was rebuilt after a fire, in 1908 Moore sold out to Reitz and L. S. Wither was the last to operate.
The mill is located at 337-319 East Meadow Valley Road, Rothsville, PA.
|Structure||2.5 Story Stone|
|Water Source||Hammer Creek|
|Dam Height||8 feet|
|Capacity||8 bbl / day|