Ada Risser’s Mill
1481 Risser Mill Road, Mount Joy, PA
(Lord 40-02) The first mill may have been built’ as early as 1721 by James Roddy. This early mill was then operated by an unknown owner, ceased to operate, or ceased to operate as a grist mill until after 1800. In 1802 and 1883 Michael Horst paid taxes on a mill, from 1805 to 1813 it was David Horst, and from 1814 to 1825 the owner was Peter Horst. In 1815 Peter Horst had a stone merchant mill. It was Peter Horst’s mill in 1864, Horst’s in 1875, and by 1899 it was Abe Horst’s. The mill closed in 1940.
|Structure||3.5 Story Stone|
|Water Source||Little Chickies|
|Dam Height||30 feet|
|Capacity||8 bbl / day|