Aka Pfautz’s Mill
Jacob Geyer built a hemp and oil mill on this site sometime before 1772 on land owned by Johannes Pfautz. In 1793 Pfautz built the present 2.5-story stone mill. Johannes’ son, John Pfautz, Jr. took over in 1807 and owned the mill until 1814. Peter Hall, Jr. operated the mill from 1814 to 1824. Next, Henry Becker purchased the mill and it remained in the Becker family for approximately fifty years.
J. K. Krantz purchased the mill in 1870. Krantz ran the mill for thirteen years after which it was purchased by Benjamin Flory in 1883. Benjamin Flory’s son Jacob was the owner of Flory’s mill in Manheim Township. Flory was the owner for 28 years. Flory sold it to John Herman in 1911, who in turn sold it to John Zook in 1912. Finally, in 1917, it was purchased by Isaac G. Bushong, who closed the mill in 1927. In 1973, the mill was part of Warwick Farms. The mill had been converted to a studio and office in 1995.
The mill is located at 1299 Rothsville Road, Lititz, PA.
|Structure||2.5 Story Stone|
|Water Source||Lititz Run|
|Dam Height||8.5 feet|
|Capacity||10 bbl / day|