Aka Pennock Mill
The first mill on this site as built by George McCullough in 1743. The mill was known as Cowgill’s mill in 1748. In 1752, Benjamin Johnson acquired the mill, operating it as a water corn mill. Caleb Johnson bought it in 1759, Matt McCally, Joseph Morrison, and Samuel Morrison owned it from 1767-1769, running it as a grist and fulling mill. Next, John Nelson purchased it in 1769 until he sold it to Henry Bausman (Bowman) in 1773.
Bauman built a new mill in 1789 and it was used as a clover seed mill. From 1796 to 1816 Jacob Gryder owned the mill on Fishing Creek. Simon Pennock became the owner in 1817. The mill remained in the Pennock family for the next sixty years. J. Edgar Brown was the owner in 1899. At the turn of the century, ownership transferred to Civil War veteran, James Cramer, who enlarged the sawmill and owned the mill until his death in 1922.
Today, the mill has been fully renovated and operates as a wedding venue and corporate retreat called Drumore Mill on Harmony. You can find information about the wedding venue on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Drumoremill/)
|Structure||2.5 Story Frame|
|Water Source||Fishing Creek|
|Type||Grist / Saw|
|Dam Height||6 Feet|
|Capacity||8 bbl / day|
The mill is located at 1658 Harmony Ridge Road, Drumore, PA.