Red Run Mill

Aka Overholtzer’s Mill

390 East Church Street, Stevens, PA

(Lord 04-01) The first mill on this site was built before 1772 by Dr. Samuel Martin, it was a stone / frame mill of 2.5 stories. Samuel Martin was the owner from 1772 until at least 1824. Joseph Overholtzer owned the mull in 1864, Samuel Sensenig in 1875, and Menno Eberly in 1899. The first mill was replaced in c1894 by Menno Eberly. William Zimmerman owned the mill from 1923 to 1933 and it was owned by Levi Zimmerman in 1933 when the mill ceased operation. Today the mill stands in good condition and functions as part of the Red Run Mill Camp Ground.

Builtc. 1894
Structure2.5 Story Frame
Water SourceMuddy Creek
TownshipBrecknock
Headrace1500 feet
Tailrace75 feet
Dam Height6 feet
PowerOvershot Wheel
Capacity8 bbl / day
Red Run Covered Bridge