Aka Lincoln Mill
John Jacob and Hannah Groff settled here in the 1720s. The first mill at this site was built before 1733 by John Jacob Groff. John and Hannah’s son John built the stone farmhouse sometime in the 1750s. John and his wife Anna had a daughter named Anna Magdalena who married Andrew Wissler in 1767. There was no mill on the site according to the 1824 map. Christian and Jacob Wissler built a new stone mill in 1843. Benjamin Wissler took over from his father, Christian in 1868. It closed in 1918.
The mill is currently in good condition and has recently been used as a barn and for storage. The current owners are Stephen and Kristine Martin.
The mill is located at 625 Middle Creek Road, Lititz, PA.
|Structure||3.5 Story Stone|
|Water Source||Middle Creek|
|Dam Height||6 feet|
|Capacity||10 barrels/ day|