Zartman’s Mill

AKA Lexington Mill

100 Zartman Mill Road, Lititz, PA

(Lord #23-02) The first mill at this location was built by Jacob Stauffer in 1758. That mill was replaced in 1775 by Christian Stauffer. In 1864, the mill was owned by Edward L. Kreider and from 1875 to 1899 it was owned by E. B. Brubaker. In 1969, it was named Zartman’s Mill and by 1994 it was being used for storage. In 2021, it was in good condition and appears to be used for storage.

Builtc1775
Structure2.5 Story Stone
Water SourceHammer Creek
TownshipElizabeth
TypeGrist
Headrace2500 feet
Tailrace500 feet
Dam Height8 feet
Power2 turbines
Capacity90 bushels/ day
Closeup of Zartman's Mill