Aka Willow Bank Mill
In 1790 Christian & Catherine Eby built a new log mill. In 1796 Johannes & Maria Eby acquired the mill, it then passed to Elias Eby, and in 1850 it burned. The third mill was built in 1850 by a cousin, Christian Eby. It was a three- and one-half story mill 54 by 96 feet of stone on the other side of the creek from the old mill. In 1866 the mill was purchased by Henry Hess, in 1871 it was Samuel H. Hess, in 1874 the owner was Rev. Christian Risser.
In 1875 the mill was purchased by John Snavely. in 1890 John passed the mill to his son, David H. Snavely. David Snavely installed two water turbines. In 1906, Ben Snavely became the owner. Ben installed a diesel engine to provide power in times of low water. In 1941, Ben’s son Lincoln (Miles) took the helm. Lincoln expanded the business adding grain bins. The mill was destroyed by fire again in 1985 and was rebuilt by Miles’ son Gerald Snavely. In 2021, the mill is powered by electricity and is in business as Snavely’s Mill Inc. The building is in very good condition. The current capacity is more than 19,000 hundredweight of flour per day.
The mill is located at 333 Snavely Mill Road, Lititz, PA.
|Structure||3.5 Story Stone|
|Water Source||Hammer Creek|
|Capacity||85 bbls / day|