Stoneroad’s Mill

Aka Rock Furnace

Stoneroad's Mill

Built as a rifle factory in 1770, this mill was converted to a grist mill in 1794. The covered bridge that once was adjacent to the mill was destroyed by Hurricane Agnes in 1972. Today, the mill serves as a private residence.

1770Andreas & Veronica Kauffman
Rifle Factory
1780Jacob Kauffman
1789Christian Musselman
1794Converted to a grist mill
1800sDavid Musselman
1833John Lintner & Christian Hershey
1843John M. Bear
1846John Schlott
1851John Stoneroad
1898Henry S. & Amanda Stoneroad
1941George S. Mann
1947Lancaster County Art Association
1971Arthur K. Mann
1972Covered bridge destroyed by Hurricane Agnes
1978Alexander & Patricia Stoycos
1978Converted to a private residence
Structure2.5 Story Stone
Dimensions32 x 48
Water SourceLittle Conestoga
Headrace6 feet
Tailrace250 feet
Dam Height2 feet
Power1 Turbine
Capacity10 bbl / day

The mill is located at 1560 Stone Mill Road.

Updated: August 23, 1023